LEAD A VOLUNTEER PROJECT FOR NATIONAL VOLUNTER MONTH
United Way of Larimer County offers the Volunteer Project Leader (VPL) Program to anyone interested in being recruited and trained to work directly with local nonprofit organizations to plan a one-time volunteer project.
United Way of Larimer County coordinates Volunteer Project Leader projects twice a year – once for National Volunteer Month in April and once for Make A Difference Day in October.
Volunteer Project Leader volunteers work with the nonprofit organizations to assist with recruiting volunteers, soliciting supplies and materials, and coordinating the day’s events.
YOUR IMPACT ON A NONPROFIT
With Days of Service growing larger and more frequent, and with nonprofit organizations’ day to day workloads continuing to increase, it has become harder for nonprofits to organize one-day volunteer events for a large group of volunteers. Large-scale volunteer projects often take many hours of planning and coordination. Many nonprofits are unable to attempt to do necessary projects with staff due to limited resources and time. A Volunteer Project Leader can help make a project run smoothly and help a nonprofit organization fulfill its need for supplies, volunteers and resources.
Managed in this way, the efforts of the volunteers and organizations prove to be highly successful in completing valuable projects and in involving large groups of volunteers in teambuilding community work.
The Volunteer Project Leader program aims to build capacity of nonprofits to organize projects, especially for large groups, and effectively match volunteer skills and supplies to the needs of nonprofits.
HOW IT WORKS - NATIONAL VOLUNTEER MONTH, APRIL 2018
If you are interested in being a VPL for National Volunteer Month for your company or group, here are the details:
- Nonprofit organizations needing VPL support will submit their "VPL project" needs for National Volunteer Month in January.
- Interested Leaders will be able to download a PDF of the 2018 Projects, or view a list on this website on February 7.
- Once you're ready to apply, the application will be here.
- United Way of Larimer County makes the match. We pair each Volunteer Project Leader to a participating nonprofit based off interests, skills, availability, and group size.
- Attend the VPL Training and Pairing Meeting Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 5:15-6:15 PM.
- Work with your paired nonprofit to help plan and coordinate a valuable project for your group during National Volunteer Month, and have fun! United Way will guide you through the process start to finish.
- Celebrate! United Way hosts a celebration after the projects are complete to celebrate the Volunteer Project Leaders and everything that was accomplished.
WE INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE
Anyone interested in being a Volunteer Project leader for National Volunteer Month 2018 is encouraged to apply!
Click here to sign up to receive VPL application alerts.